Translate My Blog!

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Thoughts on Nagoya

I'm still not sure about living in the city since I come from a town of about 4,000 people total. TINY. We all know each other here.


(Which is why everyone knows abut my exchange, I even had someone request that I be interviewed for an article that was just published in our newspaper, actually! SO many people read it, and I even had someone who owns a Japanese lesson company donate a ton of new laminated Japanese lessons to me. They actually lived in Nagoya-shi and taught ESL for several years! If you go to my post titled "My Newspaper Article!", you can read it for yourself!)


Anyway, living in the Japanese cities is usually crowded and houses are small, so I'm kinda worried about that. Plus, I really wanted to see the Japanese countryside and visit with my old friends. I'll be landing in Tokyo-Narita at 4:00pm  Japan time on March 19th, and that is exactly where I was last time I was in Japan! But, I think they are flying me straight to Nagoya which means that all the friends that wanted to meet up with me now can't. Also, many students in AFS just got notifications that they will be living in Chiba or Tokyo and I am very jealous! I am happy with my placement now, though. As you know, I can easily take a car or train to the ocean and I can walk to Nagoya Castle :)


Here's some more information on stuff in my area:
(Click to enlarge)




My host family paper says that the father (which is Otousan in Japanese) works in the financial business. Maybe they are rich?? Who knows! I'm still waiting for pictures and the full information, but I just talked to my host sister through email actually. I'll go into detail about it in my next post. I couldn't write the email in Japanese because every time I tried to use Google Translate, it put that my favorite foods include my grandma and the United States. What....Just...WHAT. No.

Anyway, after orientation, they will start hosting me on March 22nd says the information sheet. Hopefully they will be a very nice family and a good match for me.  Well, that's all I have for now!!!



♥ STAY TUNED FOR HOST SCHOOL INFO ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post!! Love you :) Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you!