Translate My Blog!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

New Host Family!

And a permanent one, at that!

So, if you know me or if you read my "I'll Laugh About it Later" post, you know that there was a mistake in my host family information from AFS Japan and they had no idea who I was. Less than 24 hours after I contacted them about this mistake, though, I was given a new host family!!

As you know, I'll still live in Nagoya, but I'll be in the Nishi Ward instead of the Shouwa Ward. There was a clerical error and I was given a similar host family's info! The mother from the last host family emailed me today, though, and apologized for her "rude attitude" on the phone call. She's worried that I hate Japan now and wanted to know if I would forgive her and her family since they all feel ashamed. There's no way I wouldn't forgive such nice people! Of course they didn't do anything wrong, it was all just a big, messy, misunderstanding.

My new host family seems great, though! My host sister is super nice and adorable. She's a little older than me!

Here are their names according to my information sheet:



1. Father (Otousan)....................Mr. Yoshimitsu

2. Mother (Okaasan)..................Mrs. Natsue

3. Brother (Oniichan).................Mr. Naoto (about 5 years older = 20)

4. Sister (Oneesan)...................Miss Kyoko (about 2 years older = 17)

5. Grandfather (Ojiisan).............Mr. Shigeo.

6. Grandmother (Obaachan).....Mrs. Toshiko


The parents are about 50 and the grandparents are about 80. I think the son is going to college and I'm not sure if the grandparents live with us yet! More information to come as soon as I get it! I have to go through all my old posts and fix the host family information too since it's all wrong. Sigh.......At least I got this one so fast!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post!! Love you :) Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you!