Translate My Blog!

Monday, April 14, 2014

ONE MONTH

This is crazy, It's already been a month since I left my home in America! And, I haven't updated out of busyness and fatigue. Living in a foreign country really drains you! Especially when you're listening to and seeing nothing but a really difficult language such as Japanese all day.

I'm changing into a new person. I'm excited when I get to "sleep in" until 8:00 AM on the weekends, and I'm even happier if I can manage to get home from school by 5:00 PM. It takes 45 minutes each way; I have to walk, take a subway, walk, take another subway, and walk for another 15 minutes. At least I brought my iPod!

City life is new, too. I come from a very small town, so I'm feeling a little claustrophobic here, but I'm sure I'll get used to it!

Also, I just started school last Tuesday! It's very different than in America. obviously, but all of the students and staff are super nice. I'm basically a celebrity. People are yelling "KAWAIIII METCHA KAWAII" (cuteee!! hella cute!!!) when I pass in the hallways, and my many nicknames include: Elsa, Emma Watson, Angel, and Hermione (that one is particularly popular).

Also, I have a ton of English conversation and ESL classes, which is fun. My ESL class is actually taught by a man from Minnesota and he's pretty cool! He calls me Sardine (Sardean), which is my nickname at home in America. :) No one else gets it (Japanese people have a notoriously hard time understanding English) but he thinks it’s hilarious. 

Somehow I did something to the keyboard again, so I’ll have to update again when my host dad can fix it hahaha! Ask me any questions in the comments, please!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Our daughter became a celebrity in Nagoya!
    We are always following your blogs,and
    Hoping you can do all you want to do in.Japan.
    がんばって。
    Sardine is "IWASHI" in Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!!! I miss you guys!! Hopefully I can make it back to Funabashi someday :) I'm having a blast in Japan! Maybe people will call me iwashi hahaha, I'll tell them that at my ESL class tomorrow. Say hi to my Funabashi mom and Miu please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you Sardine! Praying for you daily! Small group is weird now...it basically doesn't exist! Hope your having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post!! Love you :) Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you!