Translate My Blog!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I'll Laugh About it Later!

Well, my host family has not been replying to the emails that I've been sending and it's been a little over two weeks so I called AFS to figure out if the information was right and if they've been getting my emails at all. (I sent one with information and pictures of me, waited a week, and sent another really short one with my name in Japanese as the subject, and asked them to reply in Japanese).

AFS told me to continue waiting and being patient since they could be on vacation or something, and then they told me to call them with my questions and to say hi and check if the email is right. I was super excited, so I called them over Skype. I checked the number multiple times and it was definitely the exact one that AFS gave me and the area code is Nagoya.

A woman answered, and I asked in Japanese if it was the Sudo residence (their last name) and she said yes, it is. I introduced myself in Japanese and where I'm from and why I was calling them, and she got a little freaked and said that they've been getting my emails but don't know who I am or how I know them. I'm pretty sure that somehow I got the wrong contact info since I know that I have a host family (the family themselves sent me pictures of themselves with captions and some info a while ago through AFS). So, AFS is very concerned and apologetic and they immediately got on top of it. I feel a lot better now.

No one else is having problems or has had any problems like this. Mostly everyone is in contact with their family and they knew their school weeks ago. It's very unusual for AFS Japan to make a mistake since they are so organized, but to be fair they do have a ton of students and locations and families and schools to file through!

I'll update soon, I was told they'll figure it out ASAP! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post!! Love you :) Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you!