Translate My Blog!

Friday, February 7, 2014

Where will I live? (Different information!)

Ne ne!! I switched to a different place across Nagoya so I'm updating this and deleting the old info. I will now live in Nishi Ward.

I got my new host family information! It is not quite complete yet because I still need the packet with their pictures and interests, but I have their names and ages, plus the address shows up in Google Maps street view this time. I'll also update that in my next posts. Also, I'll live right next to Nagoya Castle! Holy cow!

(Disclaimer: I do not own these pictures)

Here is where Nagoya is located on a map of Japan:



Here are some pretty trees in a city park:
I think this was taken in Higashiyama Park.



Next is a faraway shot of the park and Higashiyama Sky Tower:



Here is the Great Buddha of Nagoya (Nagoya Daibutsu):
When I was in Japan last time, I visited the more famous "Kamakura Daibutsu."
This one here is 10 meters tall, at the Touhan-ji Buddhist Temple.




(Next: UPDATE)


Nagoya Castle: 
It's a reconstruction since the 1600's original was destroyed by firebombs in 1945,
but the new one is just as beautiful as the original national treasure
 and it has more advanced architecture, including elevators!
I'll now live a short walk away from it!





I'm happy to see trees!!
The construction reminds me of the Imperial Palace, which I visited in February 2013.


In the city:
That oval-shaped thing is Oasis 21, a huge underground mall



Nagoya is a port city on the Ise Bay/Pacific Ocean:
Nishi-ku is farther away from the ocean than my old placement since it is the westernmost ward,
but my host sister Kyoko says she will take me to see the sea! ;)



I'll add some more pictures when I know even more! Thank you for reading :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post!! Love you :) Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you!