Translate My Blog!

Friday, March 28, 2014

First Week!

I was really sick at the first orientation in Tokyo, so I sadly couldn't talk to the other students so much. But then we had a seven hour bus ride to the Nagoya orientation, and I met a girl from New Zealand. Her name is Bess and she's the greatest!!  Her accent is awesome, too. (Sadly, I can't see her anymore since she now lives an hour away by bullet train, but we still message each other!)

The orientation was not so much fun. Unlike the other two groups (Osaka and Tokyo) who got hotels and their own rooms or at least beds, ours had 15 girls in the same small room on tatami mats. The facilities were okay, but they forced us to use the sento (public bath) and I hated it so much, and there were about a million different rules...but, it's over now!! I was so happy to be able to spend time with my exchange friends, no matter how many rules there were.

I made friends with Krizel Ann and Mina from Norway (they are both so nice and cute oh my gosh and their accents are great too) and also Ingrid from Sweden (which is in my top 5 favorite countries). Ingrid is actually in my district in Nishi-ku, and hopefully tonight I'll figure out where exactly she lives so we can hang out. She reminds me of a girl I know from home named Lynna! and Lynna is the nicest person I know so that's a plus hahaha! It's pretty funny because I've seen Ingrid twice around the city already, even though there there are about 2.27 million people here! Pretty much no foreigners. I've seen maybe 2. Weird.

I was refraining from writing because 1. this computer is so hard to type on and 2. I'm kinda homesick but I won't go into detail because I don't know who reads this blog! Japan and AFS have so many rules and I've been taking some time to adjust. School starts on April 8th! I'll update when I can find time :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post!! Love you :) Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you!