Translate My Blog!

Sunday, July 7, 2013

That Much Closer...

I just sent in my first tuition deposit! It was $900, but I already had that money so it was no problem.

Right before he pressed submit, my dad turned to me and said "This is a huge deal, are you sure you want to be away from home for 11 months?" Why ask that now? I am so ready. It's all I can think about. I'll finally be able to leave how I've always lived and go find myself while doing what I love to do!

I feel really close to Japan now. THIS IS HAPPENING. For real! I feel like I'm in some sort of dream.
I'm going to submit everything except the interview tomorrow, and then I'll be yet another step closer to the Rising Sun.

One of my favorite quotes is:

"Making a big life change is scary...But you know what's even scarier?

Regret."

I first saw it on a post on tumblr, in one of the exchange student tags, and it's proven to be very true so far. I'd rather live my dream and plan my future than sit back and relax in my warm cozy American home. As much apprehension and nervousness I feel as the departure date nears, the excitement I have will always trump it.

I'm ready to see the world!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post!! Love you :) Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you!