Translate My Blog!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Where has the time gone?!

Please excuse my awful English ;)

2 months already? ! Crazy stuff.

I don't know where all the time is going! Some days, it feels like I do everything wrong and the day lasts forever, but when I can get out of the house and hang out with my friends, I never want the day to end. It's hard to explain. I almost feel like I never had a life in a different country, yet I'm so confused here all the time, so it must be so.

Although I seriously hate my school uniform, school is getting to be more fun! It is still incredibly tiring to wake up at 6:00 AM every morning, get ready and eat breakfast, put on my uniform, walk and take 2 subways for 45 minutes to school, listen to and write in Japanese and try to figure out what ' s going on for 8 hours, then get home around 5:00 PM after a 45 minute trip back.

I'm in tea ceremony club, so every Wednesday I get home around 6:15 PM.

Tsukareta! ! つかれた ! I am worn out!

I can feel my Japanese improving, however slowly it may be. I still can't manage full gramatically correct sentences by myself, but I can read much better than I could 2 months ago, and I can understand a lot more.

Using my dictionary, I had a full conversation and gave some relationship advice to a friend during an hour of classtime! (Oh yeah, I don't actually do classwork, unless it's English or P.E.) And the other day I had a conversation without using my dictionary at all with a woman on the train.

Also, I made some exchange student friends, which is awesome! I went shopping once with a big group from all over. There's a girl from Sweden, who's basically my neighbor and the nicest girl I have ever met in my whole life, then there are 2 girls from Japan that are going on exchange this year (one for a year to America and one to Canada for a month) then there are 2 boys from a different exchange program (one from France and one from Italy) and a boy from the Czech Republic, but I haven't talked to him much.

Anyway, a few weeks ago we all went shopping for a full day (except Ingrid from Sweden, she hasn't met them yet) in Sakae and Osu!! Sakae is this big underground shopping center, and my school train pass gets me there for free, which is awesome. It also includes a Studio Ghibli store,which is amazingly awesome but expensive because it’s basically the Japanese version of Disney (with deeper storylines, though). Osu is within walking distance, and it’s this huge outdoor covered shopping enter with tones of restaurants, shops, and vendors from all around the world. And there’s a huge Buddhist temple at the end!

In Osu, we got some melon soda, then authentic Turkish kebabs for lunch. Then, we got bubble tea and mine was matcha (powdered green tea) flavored! I love matcha more than anything. We found out that everyone in our group likes matcha, so I decided to call us ”Team Matcha” and the name stuck. We also all hate Justin Bieber. Huh, who would've known we’d have so much in common!

Then we took purikura, which is one of my favorite things to do here :D I’ll include pictures later, my phone is dead and the charger is broken at the moment, which is a huge inconvenience for me.


One creepy frame of our purikura:



And lastly, before I had to meet my insanely early 5:30PM curfew, we had matcha lattes.Delicious!

This last weekend, Ingrid and I went shopping by ourselves in Sakae and it was amazingly fun! We ate soooo much food. There’s a foreign food store and a bakery there! I couldn’t help it. I’m going to get so fat! ;)


Hanging out with Ingrid:


Worst picture of my face EVER but who cares :D


We also found this rad mask in Tokyu Hands:




Japan has a crazy obsession with Obama! I couldn't stop laughing at this mask. I'm still laughing about it a week later. Someone please buy it for my birthday! Only ¥2800 haha!! 

Well, time for me to sleep!! Drop me a question in the comments! Oyasumi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post!! Love you :) Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you!